What is a Wedding Consultant?
The term ‘wedding consultant’ encompasses more narrowly-focused positions, such as consultants who help set up gift registries at retail outlets or those who help with the selection of a gown. Wedding Planners and Wedding Coordinators work closely with couples and suppliers to ensure all arrangements are carried out as requested. As more and more brides are planning their own weddings we have found that having access to a Wedding Consultant will benefit them more than not having access to one at all. Imagine the time you will save when consulting with someone who has an in depth knowledge of which supplier(s) will suit your budget and style. Click here to see the duties of a Wedding Consultant.
Why Hire a Wedding Consultant?
A Job Description for a Wedding Consultant will look like this:
• Source and negotiate with suppliers (but not limited to) photographers, cake designers, dress shops/suit hire, stationery suppliers, transport requirements, reception decorations, favor items and more
• Create a master plan with timeline
• Arrange honeymoon itinerary
• Offer guidance with themes, menus and beverage planning
• Assist with set up of Reception and Wedding Day requirements
• Be accessible by phone, email, in person on a reasonable basis
• Offer advice on etiquette and procedures
• Provide a toolbox kit that includes a checklist, budget plan, seating planner, wedding day run sheet, vow samples, invitation samples, wedding format samples, venue questions and answers and MC notes
• Plan and organise Bridal showers/Hens parties
We are based in Canterbury, New Zealand and can offer consultations via Skype, email or phone to other regions across NZ. Our initial 1/2 hour consultations are FREE and the first consultation booked from there is $180.00 at which point you will receive your toolkit. All consultations following from that and work carried out will be charged at a rate of $100.00 per hour. Please email natasha@RomanticGestures.co.nz to book your initial complimentary consultation.